At Northeast, we are a community helping one another pursue a right relationship with God
and our place in His story.
How do we accomplish our mission?
Create weekly gatherings to move people closer to Jesus.
Help people identify who they are and how they were meant to serve.
Encourage people to live in right relationship with everyone they know.
Partner with local and global partners to serve our world and make Jesus known.
Northeast Core Beliefs
What We Believe
About the Bible…
- We believe scripture to be our authority and guide to living.
- We believe the Bible to be the divinely inspired Word of God.
- We believe it to be without error, and it is given to us so that we might know the truth of God and His love (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- The Bible as the final authority on all matters of faith and conduct (John 17:17).
- We believe there is one God, existing from eternity who is our Creator and Sustainer. (Genesis 1:1, 26-27).
- He is One, yet exists as three persons, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- He is all knowing (Romans 11:33), all powerful (Luke 1:37), and always present (Psalm 139:7-12).
- We believe that God loves us and wants to have a relationship with us. (1 John 4:16)
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
- He is our leader and forgiver (John 1:14).
- He came to earth voluntarily, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin.
- He came to save the world (John 3:16-17).
- We believe he lived a sinless life (Hebrews 4:15), and paid our sin debt by dying on a cross (Philippians 2:6-8).
- We believe He was raised to life giving us hope of eternal life (1 Peter 1:19-21).
- We believe that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life – the only means of a right relationship with the Father (John 14:16).
- To receive Jesus as Savior is to believe He is God’s Son and Savior of the world (John 3:16)
- We are called to repent of personal sin (Luke 24:45-47), to confess Jesus as Lord (Romans 10:9), and to be immersed in baptism (Romans 6:1-7).
About the Holy Spirit…
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is co-equal with the Father and the Son.
- As children of God we believe He lives within us (Romans 8:11).
- He is present to guide us (John 16:13) and help us God’s Truth (1 Corinthians 2:10).
- We believe the Holy Spirit empowers us to live like Christ (Acts 1:8).
- The presence of the Holy Spirit in us guarantees our salvation (Ephesians 1:14)
About the Church…
- The church is God’s means to carry out the work of Jesus, reconciling a lost world to Himself.
- It is important for followers of Christ to regularly gather together to experience a loving community, to be built up and to be mutually encouraged. (Ephesians 3:16-19; Acts 2:42-47).
- The church is likened to a living organism, with Jesus at the head. God arranges the parts of the body according to His plan. Each Christ follower is given special gifts and abilities by God for the good of the body. (Ephesians 4:1-16; Romans 12:4, 1 Corinthians 12).
About the Christian Life In Eternity…
- A saving relationship with Jesus Christ begins a life of transformation that reflects Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:17).
- Life is eternal. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation (2 Thessalonians 1:9, John 3:16).
- To be eternally separated from God is Hell. To be eternally in union with Him is eternal life. Heaven and Hell are real places of eternal existence. (Matthew 25:46)