SEPT – DEC 2020
all middle + high school students are welcome to this space with free wifi in order to complete their remote learning school work.
How It Works
- Available on MONDAYS + WEDNESDAYS (except on breaks), and we are working on making more weekdays available!
- Drop off starts at 8am
- Pick up by 5pm, but students can be picked up at any time.
- Masks must be worn while in the building, except when eating.
- Tutoring and educational services are provided on certain days + subjects (See FAQ)
- This is free to any middle or high school students
- At Northeast Christian Church, 5651 E Riverside Blvd, Rockford IL 61114, Door B
8-11am: Independent Classwork
11-12pm: Lunch break
12-2pm: Independent Classwork
2-5pm: Movie and Games, or they can bring their own crafts, etc.
Students can be picked up whenever needed, but all students must be picked up by 5pm!
What to Bring:
- Breakfast + Lunch
- Laptop + Chargers
- Anything extra to entertain themselves after the classwork is done! (drawing, knitting, etc.)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Who is Study Hall for?
Answer: Anyone who needs it! Your student could need it because
1. They are doing the hybrid learning and need somewhere to go on their off days.
2. They are only doing distance learning and they still need social interaction.
3. Both parents are working and you need somewhere for them because they are too young to stay home alone.
4. Your student needs a quiet space.
5. Your home doesn’t have reliable wifi.
Whatever your family’s reason, your middle + high school students are welcome here!
Q2: What if I need to drop off before 8am and/or pick up after 5pm?
Answer: Early drop off + late pick up are not services being provided and busing is not available. We are doing the best we can with the time and resources we have! And we will not be able to meet every need. Think of neighbors around you or family friends that can help with the drop-off and pick-up!
Q3: What will the space look like?
Answer: We have a large room that will be filled with socially distanced tables for each student (siblings may share).
Q4: What are the COVID precautions?
Answer: Masks must be warn at all times, except while eating. And students will be at desks 6 feet apart. The room is currently not in use for multiple days preceding Study Hall and the tables will be cleaned before students arrive.
Q5: What happens if my child gets sick or consistently misbehaves?
Answer: During registration you will be asked to provide and primary and secondary contact in the case of an early pick-up. There will be verbal warnings given before parents will be called for behavioral issues. But just like in schools, parents will be expected to pick up their child(ren) due to sickness/behavior.
Q6: Where is drop off and pick up?
Answer: Follow signs for “cafe” and students are only allowed to enter/exit Door B.
Q7: What if a student needs to do a video call?
Answer: we will have two spaces for students to go to if they need a space for a video call.
Q8: Why is this only on Mondays + Wednesdays?
Answer: We are doing what we can with the resources we have! In order to expand and offer more days, we need a team of committed volunteers/leaders and back-ups to ensure supervision and safety.
So we will expand as we are able based on volunteers and need!
Interested in making this happen? Email me at [email protected]
Q9: Is tutoring available?
Answer: We are doing what we can with the resources we have! In order to offer tutoring, we need a team of committed volunteers/leaders and back-ups to ensure supervision and safety.
Right now, we have math tutoring available on Wednesday mornings. This service is provided by retired teachers from the area.
We will expand as we are able based on volunteers! Interested in making this happen? Email me at [email protected]
After reading and understanding the information provided above!
Registrations are limited due to social distancing measures and health department regulations.
Once a day is full, it will be removed as an option on the registration.
Interested In Volunteering So Study Hall Can Expand?
Let us know you are interested in volunteering! There are many different ways to get involved: supervision, tutoring, administration, food, etc.